AIX User Group & POWER Systems Webinar
Held: Wednesday, August 7th, 2013
Charlie Cox – President of Technology Infrastructure Solutions, Datatrend Technologies, Inc.
Mark Waldrep – CEO, Datatrend Technologies Inc.
Pat O’Rourke – Power Systems Technology Lead, IBM Executive Briefing Center in Austin
IBM unveiled significant announcements regarding the POWER platform the first week of August. Datatrend will hosted a webinar which covered key elements of the announcement set which includes a briefing from IBM Austin on new editions to the product line. This webinar is ideal for capacity planners, enterprise architects, engineers that work with AIX, POWER and Linux On POWER, as well as for IT leadership.
New features and new server options within IBM’s Flex Systems were unveiled along with a Linux Only server option, a brand new high availability (POWER HA) system mirror edition, and new industry leading benchmark results based on POWER hosting.
Topics that were covered include the introduction or unveiling of the following:
- New I/O options and features within PureFlex Systems
- New Power 7+ IBM Flex System p260, p460, p24L compute nodes
- New Power 7+ IBM Flex System p270 and p470 compute nodes with dual chips
- Enterprise edition of IBM POWER HA system mirror edition V6
- Standard edition V6 of IBM POWER HA system mirror
- New IBM POWER Linux 7R4 (8248-L4T) “Linux Only” system
- New POWER based industry leading benchmark results