Held Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013
Director, Enterprise Solutions,
Datatrend Technologies, Inc.
Chief Information Security Officer,
Justin Van Buren,
Cloud & Data Center Marketing Manager – North America,
Datatrend Technologies held a special webinar on the viability of cloud adoption for enterprises, with security and compliance insights from special guests Pete Nicoletti, CISO with Virtustream, and Justin Van Buren, Cloud Computing and Data Center Marketing Manager with Intel.
Cloud computing is enticing enterprises with the promise of new services enablement, plus improved performance, agility, efficiency, availability and total cost of ownership (TCO), among other benefits leading IT leadership to assess IaaS relative to traditional IT environments and virtualization. However, concerns around security and compliance are preventing enterprises from making the move to cloud.
Virtustream Chief Information Security Officer, Pete Nicoletti, will share industry best practices and risk mitigation techniques around IT security and compliance, helping navigate the secure path to the cloud in this confusing and complex arena.
In this session, we provided insights on:
- Moving from virtualized environment to private cloud, plus special considerations and case reference for enterprises to burst into hybrid models
- How to combat the “Insider Threat”: 16 points of vulnerability inherent in cloud provider multi-tenant designs
- Support continuous compliance and transparency for range of compliance frameworks: FedRAMP, FISMA, PCI, NIST, CSA and Open Data Center Alliance Provider Assurance
- How Virtustream xStream™ provides deep multi-layered logical/physical security and compliance, enabling enterprises to meet the toughest regulatory and industry requirements.
- Benefits of xStream™ using μVM™ technology to deliver enterprise-grade security/compliance, application performance SLAs, all with consumption-based pricing
- Trust your platform from the Silicon on up: Creating Trusted Computing Environments with advanced security management capabilities, including Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) enabling “trusted pools of resources” with Geo-Tagging and Geo-Fencing programmatic enforcement.